Journey to Bikini Jam 2007

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The First Steps

Well guys and gals I am pretty sad that I am not going to be there in Puerto Vallarta this year. On the one hand, I can't afford it and I am really not "bikini ready" but at the same time it looks like so much fun. Ahh well, more time to get ready I guess. Please think of me back here in Winnipeg while you are sipping margaritas by the pool.

I'll be the one sitting in the kiddie pool with a slurpee. Somehow, not the same.

At this point it's time to get really serious about getting into shape. I have been putting it off and putting it off, but I can use the girls of Ujena to inspire me. God, you all look amazing! I really sympathize with the judges, how can you possibly pick a winner?

No one wants to see my big butt in a bikini right now, but I can get there. It's just a little harder for a thirty year old mama to do it then a nineteen year old college student. I can certainly say that chasing my three year old around all day, while sometimes a workout is not going to get these twenty five pounds - thirty pounds off.

The plan - get supa-fly bikini ready ASAP. I know that I could wait around since I have some time, but CARPE DIEM. Time to get moving. I hope some other moms join me and maybe find some inspiration. I promise to keep with you every step of my way, my highs, my lows, my fun, my torture. I'll try to be funny sometimes, sometimes I may be sad or angry, but I promise I will always be honest. I find it easier to work out when I have a goal - my goal is to have a strong portfolio in time for next year.

Current weight: 165 lbs (I can try and blame the baby weight but she is three)
Goal: 135-140 (I am a sort of hourglass shape anyway, so I'm never going to be a stick)
Okay, Let the journey begin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home