Journey to Bikini Jam 2007

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Migraines

Greetings from the wannabe Ujena girl. I promised I would talk about what has been going on, so here goes. I am a migraineur. This word may not mean much to some of you, but what it means, essentially is that I suffer from Migraines. I know, how can one person get so lucky? I get these little treats on average three to four times a month. I don’t get through a two-week period without getting one. It sucks, all the way around, and it makes it tough to exercise. My doctor is trying a new treatment for it; the only problem is that it makes me tired. Really, really tired (like as in sit in one place to long and you may drop into a coma tired). So the past two weeks have been pretty slack in terms of fitness. YIKES! My first photos are just around the corner so I need to get back on the program.
I posted this today mostly to remind everyone that the pursuit of fitness can be tough. It’s even tougher when you have a “valid” excuse, like a child. It can be easier to leave the gym stuff in the bag then to try and juggle a working mom’s schedule to work out.
I can tell you from the past two weeks. I have been edgy, jittery and quick to anger. In short, I have not been the mom I want to be. What’s the big difference? I haven’t been working out.
This makes me realize that working out makes me a better mom. Change the equation, don’t make it as time for you, and realize that the time you take to exercise is time that your family can benefit from.
I am making the promise to myself right now; I will get up at five in the morning and do my workout. I will do it not only because I desperately want to compete at BikiniJam, but also because it makes me a better mom, I feel better and I enjoy it (once I get started). It gives me a feeling of accomplishment and starts my day off on the right foot.
Go on, make the promise to yourself. You know you need to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home